Welcome to the website of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC ("Hikma", "We" or "Us") (the "Website"). Hikma is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We will collect from you
We will collect the following information about you:
- If you contact Us regarding a career opportunity, we will keep a record of the information you provide to us, including your contact details and your CV. We will not use this information for any purpose other than recruitment.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you contact Us, We will keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you message Us using the business development form, we will keep a copy of that form, which will include your name and contact details.
- IP Addresses and Cookies. We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, to monitor the use of the Website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise your computer when you return to our Website.
Protection and use of your information
We have in place appropriate security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all our information, including your personal information.
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may also, in exceptional situations, be required to process your data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hikma, our customers, or others.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that our Website runs smoothly on your computer and we also consider such processing to be in your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so. We have a legitimate interest in providing features to assist our users and believe that these features, if you choose to use them, will enhance your experience by providing information that is tailored to you.
- In relation to CVs, for Hikma’s recruitment purposes, We have a legitimate interest in processing this information to assess your suitability for a position at Hikma.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you will be shared within the Hikma Group. This will involve your data being transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (including Jordan) which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff will be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies outside the EEA that receive personal data to sign model contractual clauses (in the form approved by the European Commission) to ensure that your personal data will be given the same protection as it has in Europe. The data WE collect from you will also be transferred to and stored by a third-party service provider located in the United States of America. This service provider is Privacy Shield accredited, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to other group companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- If We engage a third party service provider to provide IT support and/or cloud computing services they may have access to some of your personal information whilst performing these services.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hikma, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Website will, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, which are not operated by Hikma. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that Hikma does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right under data protection laws to request access to any of your personal information which We may hold. You also have the right to ask Us to correct any mistakes in your information, to delete your personal data, or to provide you with a copy of your personal data to be used for your own purposes, by sending an e-mail. to email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Information about Hikma
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the data controller is Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, a public limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 5557934, with its registered office at 1 New Burlington Place, London, W1S 2HR.
How long do We keep your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to do so in order to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. We will keep the data we hold about you under review to ensure that it is not stored for longer periods than are necessary, and those periods will be determined by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In particular, we note that if you provide information in connection with a career opportunity, including your CV and your contact details, and your application is not successful, the information you provided will be deleted as soon as possible and, in any event within six months.
U.S. Privacy Statement
We at Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (Hikma) respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you. This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information that we collect and use from and about individuals who visit our websites, which include, www.mitigare.com, www.generic-ritonavir.com, www.ridaura.com and www.hikma-specialty.com (collectively, the “Sites”) and who we interact with through our email communications.
This Privacy Statement describes how we use the information we collect, who we share it with, what choices are available to the individuals we collect information from, and the measures we take to protect the security of the information we collect.
This Privacy Statement, however, does not apply to Hikma’s human resources information, including information that we collect from prospective job applicants and from employees and contractors, nor to information that Hikma collects offline for other designated purposes.
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or other privacy-related matters, see How to Contact Us below.
If you are a California resident, see additional information regarding California Privacy Rights provided below.
Information that We Collect and How We Use It
Personal information that we collect directly from and about you
In general, you can visit our Sites without telling us who you are or providing any personal information about yourself, but you may also choose to use our “Contact Us” function, in which case you will be asked to provide personal information, which will consist of your name, contact information, business or professional affiliation, if any, and specialty if you are a healthcare professional.
Website Tools and Tracking Technology
We may also use certain automated tools and technologies to collect other information from visitors to our Sites, including, but not limited to:
· Traffic Data – When you visit our Sites, we may automatically track and collect the following categories of information: (1) your Internet protocol and domain server address; (2) the date, time, and duration of your visit to the Sites; (3) the type of web browser and operating system you used to access the Sites; and (4) the web pages that you accessed at the Sites (collectively, Traffic Data). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not identify or track you personally. We use Traffic Data to evaluate and improve the content of our Sites and to make our Sites more useful to visitors. We also use it to diagnose problems with our server, to keep our server running smoothly, and to monitor the number of visitors to our Sites and the type(s) of technology they use.
· Cookies – A cookie is a small data file that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device(s) to uniquely identify your browser and for other purposes such as storing information, settings, or preferences. We use temporary session cookies to maintain the functionality of our online services during your visit to our Sites, including permitting you to navigate our webpages and access content. These temporary cookies contain no information that personally identifies you and only exist until you exit our Sites and close your browser.
· Tracking Codes – We may also use tracking codes such as web beacons and pixels to track the pages you view on our Sites, to collect information about the links to and from our Sites that you click on, and to collect information about emails that we may send us or those you may open from us. We use these tracking codes to measure the effectiveness of our Sites and of our marketing and email campaigns by analyzing information about (1) individuals who click on a link to or from our Sites; (2) the frequency with which our email messages are opened and the links they contain are clicked on; and (3) the extent to which our email messages are forwarded to others.
· Other Tools and Technology – We may also use other tools and technology, including third-party data analytics tools, to collect information, such as (1) identifiers of the devices used to access our Sites; (2) the type of software, device, operating system, and browser being used; (3) the service provider; and (4) the search terms and URL of the web page that linked you to our Sites. All such information will be used for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of our Sites’ functionality may be impaired. If you refuse or turn-off cookies, our Traffic Data, tracking codes and other technologies will still detect your visits to our Sites and be used as described above. Please refer to your browser’s Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of other tracking technologies.
We will use the information that you choose to provide us with and that we obtain through public sources, as well as the information that we collect through our Sites, our email, and tracking codes and other technologies to (1) respond to your inquiries; (2) customize and improve the content of our Sites and other communications; (3) provide you with Hikma information, products, and services; and (4) support our core business functions, such as order fulfillment, service requests, customer service, product safety and improvement, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety, and legal functions.
Your Ability to Opt-Out of Communications from Hikma
We want to communicate with you about Hikma and our products and services, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may opt-out or unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, and other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail that you receive from us or a third party acting on our behalf, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting us as shown in How to Contact Us, below. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails or other marketing communications, unless you sign up again to receive newsletters or emails. Please allow up to two (2) weeks to process your request.
We will not contact you via telephone or text message without your express consent (i.e., opt-in).
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose personal information except as described in this Privacy Statement. We may share personal information provided to us with service providers and business partners who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our Sites, generating analytics for our Sites, managing customer relationships, distributing communication content, and assisting us in providing other services related to Hikma’s operations, and we only permit them to use that information to the extent necessary to accomplish those business functions. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Links to Other Websites
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessible through hyperlinks on our Sites. These websites operate independently from Hikma and are not under our control. These websites may have their own privacy notices, and we strongly encourage you to review the privacy practices of any linked website that you choose to visit. With the exception of any site(s) to which we refer you to apply for a job with Hikma or to receive other Hikma-specific services, we are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products, or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
Hikma maintains reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction and we require the third-party service providers and business partners that we work with to do the same.
We do not knowingly collect information directly from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). Where appropriate, Hikma will specifically instruct children not to submit such information to our Sites. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, or if a parent or guardian of a child contacts us as shown in How to Contact Us, below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
Changes or Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will post a notice on our Sites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the bottom of the Statement when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
Hikma is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com, or send us a letter addressed to:
Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.
246 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, New Jersey 07724-2206
Attn: Legal Department, Privacy Matters
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from Hikma regarding the manner in which Hikma shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Hikma at its designated address or email address and receive the following information:
· The categories of information Hikma disclosed to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
· The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by writing to us or emailing us using the contact information provided above.
Effective Date: June 26, 2018