Welcome to the website of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC and its affiliates ("Hikma", "We" or "Us") (the "Website"). Hikma is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We will collect from you
We will collect the following information about you:
- If you contact Us regarding a career opportunity, we will keep a record of the information you provide to us, including your contact details and your CV. We will not use this information for any purpose other than recruitment.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you contact Us regarding a suspected adverse reaction, or have made a product quality complaint or a medical enquiry that raises product safety issues, We will process the personal information that you have provided to Us, which may include your name and contact details. We will also process any special categories of personal information that you provide, including medical diagnostic data, prescription data and other health related information provided by you.
- If you contact Us, We will keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you message Us using the business development form, we will keep a copy of that form, which will include your name and contact details.
- IP Addresses and Cookies. We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, to monitor the use of the Website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise your computer when you return to our Website.
Protection and use of your information
We have technical and organisational measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, including appropriate security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all our information, including your personal information.
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data for the performance of a contract or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may also, in exceptional situations, be required to process your data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hikma, our customers, or others.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that our Website runs smoothly on your computer and we also consider such processing to be in your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so. We have a legitimate interest in providing features to assist our users and believe that these features, if you choose to use them, will enhance your experience by providing information that is tailored to you.
- In relation to CVs, for Hikma’s recruitment purposes, We have a legitimate interest in processing this information to assess your suitability for a position at Hikma.
- If you have contacted Us regarding a suspected adverse reaction, or have made a product quality complaint or a medical enquiry that raises product safety issues, your personal information will be processed so that we can comply with our legal obligation to monitor and report adverse events. Any personal data (including special category personal data) that is not required to satisfy a regulatory reporting obligation will be promptly anonymised or deleted, in accordance with applicable law.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you will be shared within the Hikma group. This will involve your data being transferred to and stored in countries outside the United Kingdom (“UK”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (including Jordan) which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. It will also be processed by staff operating outside the UK and EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff will be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies outside the UK and EEA that receive personal data to sign standard contractual clauses (in the form approved by the European Commission and the Information Commissioner’s Office) (“SCCs”) to ensure that your personal data will be given the same protection as it has in the EEA and the UK. The data We collect from you will also be transferred to and stored by a third-party service provider located in the United States of America. We ensure that your personal data is protected through SCCs.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to other group companies.
If you contact us regarding a suspected adverse reaction, or have made a product quality complaint or a medical enquiry that raises product safety issues, your email will be transferred to a third-party provider of pharmacovigilance services who will file the necessary regulatory reports. This will involve the transfer of your personal data, to the extent this information is required to satisfy a regulatory requirement.
If you contact us by email, please note that external emails that are delivered to Hikma users' mailboxes are scanned to detect phishing attacks, which may involve your personal information being processed by a third party.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- If We engage a third party service provider to provide IT support and/or cloud computing services they may have access to some of your personal information whilst performing these services.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hikma, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Website will, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, which are not operated by Hikma. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that Hikma does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right under data protection laws to request access to any of your personal information which We may hold. You also have the right to ask Us to correct any mistakes in your information, to delete your personal data, or to provide you with a copy of your personal data to be used for your own purposes, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Information about Hikma
Where We process your personal data, the local Hikma company that has a relationship with you is considered the controller of your personal data. Here is a list of the locations where we operate, along with relevant contact details.
If you contact us regarding a suspected adverse reaction or have made a product quality complaint or a medical enquiry that raises product safety issues, the local Hikma company that is the marketing authorization holder for the product will be a data controller of your information.
Hikma complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and the UK GDPR, UK GDPR means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 in such form as incorporated into the law of England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland by virtue of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and any regulations thereunder.
How long do We keep your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to do so in order to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. We will keep the data we hold about you under review to ensure that it is not stored for longer periods than are necessary, and those periods will be determined by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In particular, we note that if you provide information in connection with a career opportunity, including your CV and your contact details, and your application is not successful, the information you provided will be deleted as soon as possible and, in any event within six months.
We at Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (“Hikma”) respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you. This U.S. Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information that we collect and use from and about individuals who visit our websites, which include, www.hikma-specialty.com, https://www.hikma503b.com/, www.mitigare.com, https://kloxxado.com/, and https://us.ryaltris.com/ (collectively, the “Sites”) and who we interact with through our email communications.
This U.S. Privacy Statement describes how we use the information we collect, who we share it with, what choices are available to the individuals we collect information from, and the measures we take to protect the security of the information we collect.
This U.S. Privacy Statement, however, does not apply to Hikma’s human resources information, including information that we collect from prospective job applicants and from employees and contractors, nor to information that Hikma collects offline for other designated purposes.
If you have questions about this U.S. Privacy Statement or other privacy-related matters, see How to Contact Us below.
If you are a California resident, see additional information regarding California Privacy Rights provided below.
Information that We Collect and How We Use It
Personal information that we collect directly from and about you
In general, you can visit our Sites without telling us who you are, but you may also choose to use our “Contact Us” function, in which case you will be asked to provide personal information, which will consist of your name, contact information, business or professional affiliation, if any, and specialty if you are a healthcare professional.
Website Tools and Tracking Technology
We may also use certain automated tools and technologies to collect other information from visitors to our Sites, including, but not limited to:
- Traffic Data – When you visit our Sites, we may automatically track and collect the following categories of information: (1) your Internet protocol and domain server address; (2) the date, time, and duration of your visit to the Sites; (3) the type of web browser and operating system you used to access the Sites; and (4) the web pages that you accessed at the Sites (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not identify or track you personally. We use Traffic Data to evaluate and improve the content of our Sites and to make our Sites more useful to visitors. We also use it to diagnose problems with our server, to keep our server running smoothly, and to monitor the number of visitors to our Sites and the type(s) of technology they use.
- Cookies – A cookie is a small data file that websites send to your computer or other internet-connected device(s) to uniquely identify your browser and for other purposes such as storing information, settings, or preferences. We use temporary session cookies to maintain the functionality of our online services during your visit to our Sites, including permitting you to navigate our webpages and access content. These temporary cookies contain no information that directly personally identifies you and only exist until you exit our Sites and close your browser.
- Tracking Codes – We may also use tracking codes such as web beacons and pixels to track the pages you view on our Sites, to collect information about the links to and from our Sites that you click on, and to collect information about emails that we may send you or those you may open from us. We use these tracking codes to measure the effectiveness of our Sites and of our marketing and email campaigns by analyzing information about (1) individuals who click on a link to or from our Sites; (2) the frequency with which our email messages are opened and the links they contain are clicked on; and (3) the extent to which our email messages are forwarded to others.
- Other Tools and Technology – We may also use other tools and technology, including third party data analytics tools, to collect information, such as (1) identifiers of the devices used to access our Sites; (2) the type of software, device, operating system, and browser being used; (3) the service provider; and (4) the search terms and URL of the web page that linked you to our Sites. All such information will be used for the purposes described in this S. Privacy Statement.
At this time, we do not honor “do not track” signals from website browsers. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, some of our Sites’ functionality may be impaired. If you refuse or turn-off cookies, our Traffic Data, tracking codes and other technologies will still detect your visits to our Sites and be used as described above. Please refer to your browser’s Help instructions to learn more about how to manage cookies and the use of other tracking technologies.
We will use the information that you choose to provide us with and that we obtain through public sources, as well as the information that we collect through our Sites, our email, and tracking codes and other technologies to (a) respond to your inquiries, (b) customize and improve the content of our Sites and other communications, (c) provide you with Hikma information, products, and services, and (d) support our core business functions, such as order fulfillment, service requests, customer service, product safety and improvement, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety, and legal functions.
Your Ability to Opt-Out of Communications from Hikma
We want to communicate with you about Hikma and our products and services, but only in the ways that you agree to hear from us. You may opt-out or unsubscribe from our newsletters, special offers or discounts, and other marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any e-mail that you receive from us or a third party acting on our behalf, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, or by contacting us as shown in How to Contact Us, below. After doing so, you will not receive future promotional emails or other marketing communications, unless you sign up again to receive newsletters or emails. Please allow up to two (2) weeks to process your request.
We will not contact you via telephone or text message without your express consent (i.e., opt-in).
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose personal information except as described in this U.S. Privacy Statement. We may share personal information provided to us with service providers and business partners who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting our Sites, generating analytics for our Sites, managing customer relationships, distributing communication content, and assisting us in providing other services related to Hikma’s operations, and we only permit them to use that information to the extent necessary to accomplish those business functions. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information in a manner that is consistent with this U.S. Privacy Statement. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Hikma does not sell personal information. However, if you are a resident of one of these states, you may submit a verifiable request that Hikma not sell any personal information we have collected about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and including “Do Not Sell/Share Request” in the subject line. Additional information Consumers is included below.
- Consumer Rights
In accordance with Applicable State Privacy Laws, Consumers may have the following rights:
(a) Right to Know
A Consumer has the right to request that a business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, sells, or shares (for purposes of targeted/cross-contextual behavioral advertising). Specifically, a Consumer may request that a business that collects personal information about the Consumer disclose to the Consumer the following:
(i) The categories of personal information it has collected about that Consumer.
(ii) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(iii) The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing (for purposes of targeted/cross-contextual behavioral advertising) personal information.
(iv) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(v) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that Consumer.
A Consumer may request that a business that (1) sells, (2) shares (for purposes of targeted advertising), or (3) discloses a Consumer’s personal information for a business purpose, disclose to that Consumer:
A. The categories of personal information that the business collected about the Consumer.
B. The categories of personal information that the business sold or shared about the Consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold or shared.
C. The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the Consumer and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
(b) Right to Request Deletion
A Consumer has the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the Consumer which the business has collected from the Consumer.
(c) Right to Request Correction
A Consumer shall have the right to request a business that maintains inaccurate personal information about the Consumer to correct such inaccurate personal information, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information:
(i) a business that receives a verifiable request to correct inaccurate personal information shall use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information; and/or
(i) in some instances, a business may need to refer the Consumer to a third party that has the ability to carry out the correction.
(d) Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
(i) A Consumer has the right to restrict businesses from (1) selling their personal information, (2) sharing their personal information for targeted/cross-contextual behavioral advertising with third parties, or (3) sharing sensitive personal information for certain purposes.
(ii) Hikma does not sell or share the personal information of Consumers, including the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. However, consistent with the goal of Applicable State Privacy Laws to provide Consumers with more control over their personal information, Hikma may provide Consumers with the ability to submit such requests. Hikma will respond to all requests to opt-out of the sale/sharing of personal information within fifteen (15) business days of receipt of the request.
(e) No Discrimination
A Consumer has the right not to be discriminated against because the Consumer exercised any of its rights under Applicable State Privacy Laws.
(f) How to Submit a Request
To exercise the rights described above, you must submit a verifiable Consumer request to us by contacting Hikma at 888-300-7107 or by submitting a request online at https://www.hikma.com/individual-rights-request-form/ and providing the requested information.
You may submit a request as frequently as you would like, but we are not required to respond to requests to provide personal information to you more than twice in any twelve (12) month period. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request to know or delete on your behalf.
To submit a verifiable Consumer request, you will be asked to provide certain information to help us verify your identity. The information we ask you to provide to initiate a request may differ depending upon the type of request, the type, sensitivity, and value of the personal information that is the subject of the request, and the risk of harm to you that may occur as a result of unauthorized access or deletion, among other factors. We may also require you to provide a written declaration that you are who you say you are. You may have the right to appeal our decision or responses. We will explain how to appeal when communicating our decision or response.
- How we collect, use and share personal information of Consumers
The chart below details how Hikma collects, uses, and shares Consumer’s personal information: As indicated in the chart above, Hikma may disclose, from time to time, personal information about Consumers for a business purpose, to service providers, and affiliates. In addition, we may share personal information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets. We will also respond to requests for personal information where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator, or any other legal process served on us.
Hikma does not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.121, nor do we sell or share Consumer’s personal information for purposes of targeted/cross-contextual behavioral advertising.
- California “Shine the Light” Law
You have the right to request information from Hikma regarding the manner in which Hikma discloses certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Hikma at its designated address or email address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information Hikma disclosed to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by writing to us or emailing us using the contact information provided above.
- Security. Hikma maintains reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction and we require the third party service providers and business partners that we work with to do the same.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect information directly from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). Where appropriate, Hikma will specifically instruct children not to submit such information to our websites, including the Sites. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, or if a parent or guardian of a child contacts us as shown in How to Contact Us, below, we will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
- How to Contact Us. Hikma is committed to working with Consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any queries, complaints, or disputes about privacy. If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or send us a letter addressed to:
Hikma Pharmaceuticals USA Inc.
200 Connell Drive Suite 4000
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
The United States of America
Attn: Legal Department, Privacy Matters
Last updated: December 15, 2022