We are pleased to share Hikma’s Sustainability Report 2021. At Hikma, we help put better health within reach, every day. By creating high-quality medicines and making them accessible to the people who need them, we help to shape a healthier world that enriches all our communities. These principles have defined our purpose and vision since our foundation, and we’re continuously working to deliver on them in better and more sustainable ways.
We’ve always held ourselves to very high governance standards and continued to develop the governance and oversight of our environmental, social and governance (ESG) framework in 2021. At the same time, we’ve looked for opportunities to improve the impact we have on society and the environment. We’re developing policies to promote diversity, equity and inclusion as well as measuring and limiting the impact we are having on the environment. For the first time, we had specific key performance indicators in 2021 related to delivering our sustainability strategy. These had a particular emphasis on the Group’s emissions and our impact on the environment.
Our focus on acting responsibly encompasses four key areas:
- Enhancing health and wellbeing.
- Empowering our people.
- Protecting the environment.
- Building trust through quality in everything we do.
- In our latest annual sustainability report, we explain what each of these focus areas means to us and provide insights and examples of the excellent work being done by our teams in each area.
- We’ve made excellent progress in 2021 and we are well positioned to deliver on the expectations on sustainability held by our stakeholders. We are committed to acting responsibly, for our people, patients, communities and the planet, and we hope this report brings to life what we have been doing.
Last reviewed on 30 May 2022