Read this short interview with Matthew Burger, Director, Flow at our Columbus manufacturing site.
9 February 2021
- Explain your job in 15 seconds. I'm responsible for the Solids Manufacturing department for our generics business. I also have responsibility for Production Support activities and the Manufacturing Execution System team for all of Columbus Operations.
- What excites you the most about your job? The challenges of leading a department that is integral to the Columbus site and Hikma's generics business.
- What does "better health within reach" mean to you? We make medications that are key to saving and bettering lives. Our mission is to make them widely available to all people regardless of their economic or social position.
- What are three words to describe life at Hikma? Fast-paced, challenging, rewarding.
- Why do you think Hikma is a good place to build a career? Hikma is a great place because it truly cares about its people and provides motivated employees with the tools to own their career by sitting in the developmental driver's seat.
- What changed in your work/ how did you adapt your ways of working during the pandemic? The pandemic brought a lot of changes to the operation that made managing it considerably more challenging. However, being flexible and recognizing that we are in uncharted waters- and then effectively and transparently communicating to the teams about it has helped smooth the change process for all.
- What's the best thing about working at Hikma? Working for a growing and stable company that is big enough to have the resources to sustain its own growth and development and that of its people, while still being small enough for one person to be able to have a large impact on the organization.