Welcome to the website of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC ("Hikma", "We" or "Us") (the "Website"). Hikma is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We will collect from you
We will collect the following information about you:
- If you contact Us regarding a career opportunity, we will keep a record of the information you provide to us, including your contact details and your CV. We will not use this information for any purpose other than recruitment.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- If you contact Us, We will keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you message Us using the business development form, we will keep a copy of that form, which will include your name and contact details.
- IP Addresses and Cookies. We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, to monitor the use of the Website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise your computer when you return to our Website.
Protection and use of your information
We have in place appropriate security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all our information, including your personal information.
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may also, in exceptional situations, be required to process your data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hikma, our customers, or others.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We have a legitimate interest in ensuring that our Website runs smoothly on your computer and we also consider such processing to be in your interests.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so. We have a legitimate interest in providing features to assist our users and believe that these features, if you choose to use them, will enhance your experience by providing information that is tailored to you.
- In relation to CVs, for Hikma’s recruitment purposes, We have a legitimate interest in processing this information to assess your suitability for a position at Hikma.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you will be shared within the Hikma Group. This will involve your data being transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (including Jordan) which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff will be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We ensure your personal data is protected by requiring all our group companies outside the EEA that receive personal data to sign model contractual clauses (in the form approved by the European Commission) to ensure that your personal data will be given the same protection as it has in Europe. The data WE collect from you will also be transferred to and stored by a third-party service provider located in the United States of America. This service provider is Privacy Shield accredited, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to other group companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- If We engage a third party service provider to provide IT support and/or cloud computing services they may have access to some of your personal information whilst performing these services.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hikma, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Website will, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, which are not operated by Hikma. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that Hikma does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a right under data protection laws to request access to any of your personal information which We may hold. You also have the right to ask Us to correct any mistakes in your information, to delete your personal data, or to provide you with a copy of your personal data to be used for your own purposes, by sending an e-mail. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Information about Hikma
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the data controller is Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, a public limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 5557934, with its registered office at 1 New Burlington Place, London, W1S 2HR.
How long do We keep your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to do so in order to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. We will keep the data we hold about you under review to ensure that it is not stored for longer periods than are necessary, and those periods will be determined by considering the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In particular, we note that if you provide information in connection with a career opportunity, including your CV and your contact details, and your application is not successful, the information you provided will be deleted as soon as possible and, in any event within six months.