Hikma makes hundreds of important and affordable medicines that save lives and improve the health of millions of people every day. This has never been more important. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact people and communities around the world, the health and safety of our people, and the millions who count on our medicines remain our top priority.
20 March 2020
With this in mind, we are taking the following measures:
- We are fully committed to providing our customers and their patients the quality medicines they need and are prioritizing the manufacture of medicines that are in high demand due to the outbreak of COVID-19 such as respiratory, pain, anti-virals and anti-infectives. We are experiencing a significant increase in demand and are operating at the highest capacity possible under the circumstance to meet this demand.
- Due to the nature of our business, our manufacturing sites are already very hygienic, or sterile where required, and staff in those facilities follow a strict hygiene regime. However, we are regularly undertaking additional levels of cleaning in all of our facilities and offices as an additional precautionary measure.
- Where possible, we are encouraging employees to work remotely to reduce the number of people at our sites, ultimately minimizing contact for those employees who will continue to work onsite. For those in our manufacturing facilities, we have increased sanitization and deep cleaning, and have changed work practices to maximise social distancing.
- We are regularly and proactively communicating with all employees the precautions and advice provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and local health authorities to protect themselves against COVID-19 including personal hygiene, isolation and social distancing measures.
- We are restricting all travel and in-person meetings in line with global public health authorities such as the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control in the US, as well as regional and local authorities, taking the advice of whichever is strictest.
- We are working to avoid shortages and have made some strategic purchasing to minimize any potential longer-term impacts and to help meet any temporary increase in demand of some products.
- We have been proactively managing our inventory and stock levels, transportation options and the availability of raw materials and component parts. Currently, we have been able to mitigate disruption and continue to work closely with our supplier networks to address this fast-evolving situation.
We are grateful to our teams across the Hikma family for their commitment during this very difficult time. This is a complex situation which we are continually monitoring, and we are committed to the health of our people, and the needs of our customers.