Our Business model
Our business is well-diversified by geography and product.
Our aim is to provide patients with better access to high-quality, cost-effective medicines.
- Develop and innovate:
We are developing broad and differentiated portfolios of generic, branded generic and in-licensed products through internal R&D, co-development partnerships, licensing agreements and acquisitions.
- Manufacture and maintain quality:
We are committed to maintaining the highest quality standards in all of our manufacturing facilities. We have 29 plants across the Group that supply our global markets with a broad range of injectable and non-injectable products, including 12 FDA-compliant facilities and nine EU-approved facilities.
- Market to regions:
We actively market, sell and distribute our products in all our markets through experienced sales and marketing teams. In the MENA region, nearly 2,000 representatives promote our brands to doctors and pharmacists, while our national sales teams in the US and Europe are selling to a broad range of customers including the leading wholesalers, pharmacy chains, governments and hospital purchasing organisations.
The value we create
- Patient benefits: Our high-quality, affordable generic medicines benefit patients across our markets.
- Employee benefits: By focusing on the empowerment and development of our people, we provide long and rewarding careers for our talented and diverse workforce.
- Shareholder returns: Economic and financial returns are reinvested for future growth.
- Sustainable business: By conducting our business well and acting responsibly, we are benefiting our employees and our communities.
How we're different
- Our commitment to quality: Quality has been the founding principle of Hikma – our culture, people, processes and facilities reflect this commitment and enable us to ensure the safety of our products. Embedding the highest-possible quality standards within our business ensures our strategic priorities are delivered, while maintaining a transparent and ethical culture across the Group.
- Our global footprint: Our presence today spans more than 50 countries across the globe. We have leading market positions in the US and the MENA, where our differentiated operating model, with strong, established local businesses in each of our markets, enables us to capture attractive growth opportunities.
- Our differentiated portfolio: We are continuously developing our large and broad global product portfolio to address patients’ evolving needs. Across our businesses we are increasing our focus on products with one or more layers of differentiation including innovative in-licensed products, first-to-market generics, hard-to-manufacture products and complex products.