Hikma at a glance
We develop, manufacture and market a broad range of branded and non-branded generic pharmaceutical products across the United States (US), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Europe. We are also a leading licensing partner in MENA. Our operations span more than 50 countries and are conducted through three business segments.
Our global presence
62% of Group revenue
In the US, we have more than 2,000 employees. Our large state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities – one for sterile injectables and two for oral solids – supply a broad range of products to patients in the US market.
33% of Group revenue
Hikma has nearly 5,000 employees in the MENA. We have local manufacturing facilities in seven markets and sales and marketing teams detailing doctors and pharmacists across 17 markets.
Europe and rest of the world
5% of Group revenue
Hikma has nearly 700 employees in Europe – primarily in Portugal, Germany and Italy –
where we have injectable manufacturing facilities. These facilities supply injectable products to our global markets.
Our business segments
Our Branded business sells branded generics and in-licensed innovative products across the MENA and other emerging markets.
- Fifth largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in the MENA
- Nearly 2,000 sales people targeting physicians and pharmacists across the region
- Strong anti-infective franchise and increasing focus on cardiovascular, diabetes and central nervous system (CNS) products
- US FDA-approved manufacturing facilities in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
- 397 products in 1,235 dosage forms and strengths
- Key products include Amoclan®, Blopress®, Omnicef®, Prograf® and Suprax®
Our Injectables business sells specialised generic injectable products globally, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the US and Europe.
- A leading global manufacturer of sterile injectables
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved facilities in the US, Portugal and Germany
- A range of manufacturing capabilities, including sterile liquid, powder, lyophilised and cytotoxic products
- Broad product portfolio including controlled substances, anti-infective, cardiovascular and oncology products
- 201 products in 571 dosage forms and strengths
- Key products include: fentanyl, glycopyrrolate, neostigmine, nicardipine, and thiotepa
Our Generics business sells non-injectable generic products in the US, with an increasingly differentiated portfolio and pipeline.
- Seventh largest manufacturer of non-injectable generics in the US market
- Large portfolio of differentiated products
- State-of-the-art facilities in the US with a broad range of capabilities
- Utilises our lower-cost US FDA-approved facilities in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
- 109 products in 375 dosage forms and strengths
- Key products include: amoxicillin, buprenorphine, butalbital, acetaminophen & caffeine, colchicine, and fluticasone