Hikma at a glance
We develop, manufacture and market a broad range of branded and non-branded generic pharmaceutical products across the US, the MENA region and Europe. We are also a leading licensing partner in the MENA region. Our operations span over 50 countries and are conducted through three business segments.
Our global presence
48% of Group revenue
In the US, we have 1,082 employees. Our large state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities – one for sterile injectables and one for oral solids – are supplying a broad range of products in the US market.
46% of Group revenue
Hikma has 5,465 employees in the MENA region. We have local manufacturing facilities in seven MENA markets and sales and marketing teams operating in 17 markets.
Europe and rest of the world
6% of Group revenue
Hikma has 642 employees in Europe – primarily in Portugal, Germany and Italy where we have injectable manufacturing facilities. These facilities supply injectable products to our global markets.
Our business segments
Our Branded business sells branded generics and in-licensed patented products across the MENA region and other emerging markets.
- Fifth largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in the MENA region
- 1,944 salespeople targeting physicians and pharmacists across the region
- Strong anti-infective franchise and increasing focus on cardiovascular, diabetes and central nervous system (CNS) products
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA-approved) manufacturing facilities in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
- 377 products in 1,125 dosage forms and strengths
- Key products include Amoclan®, Blopress®, Omnicef®, Prograf®, Suprax®
Our Injectables business sells specialised generic injectable products globally, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the US and Europe.
- A leading global manufacturer of quality sterile injectables
- US FDA-approved manufacturing facilities in the US, Portugal and Germany
- A range of manufacturing capabilities, including sterile liquid, powder, lyophilised and cytotoxic products
- Broad product portfolio including controlled substances, anti-infective, cardiovascular and oncology products
- 185 products in 488 dosage strengths and forms
- Key products include Argatroban, Fentanyl, Glycopyrrolate, Nicardipine, Phenylephrine
Our Generics business sells non-injectable generic products in the US, with an increasingly differentiated portfolio and pipeline.
- Quality manufacturing and high service levels
- Strong emphasis on niche products
- Leverages our efficient and lower cost US FDA-approved manufacturing facilities in Jordan and Saudi Arabia
- 26 products in 68 dosage strengths and forms
- Key products include ‘Butalbital-acetaminophen-caffeine’, Captopril, Colchicine, Doxycycline, Prednisone